From September through December, 2022, CultureSource has offered a series of monthly marketing workshops to help arts organizations learn new skills to build their audiences.
Our second workshop was presented by Marx Layne, a Detroit-based Public Relations and Digital Marketing agency, to present the Holiday Marketing and Media Training program to help participants gain a better understanding of how the media works and improve confidence when speaking to journalists. This session emphasized real-world scenarios and focus on the upcoming Holiday performances and markets.
- Think about the “WOW” factor in order to catch the attention of the news organization.
- “Practice, practice, practice” in order to be well prepared and articulate your event in your own words.
- The more you can get your event out there (via e-blast, social media, etc.), the higher your chance of being seen by the media.
- Create a graphically pleasing pitch answering the who/what/when/where/how of your initiative and emphasizing the subject line to evoke emotion.
- Focus on building relationships with the media, not just for your event, but deeper and more genuine relationships with individuals.