During our September monthly CEO call, “vax passes” came up and members directly encouraged us to investigate options for helping organize or support the growing number of you making vaccination a condition of participation. So, we got to work and did the following:
- Hosted an open consultation call between Bindle app developers and our members
- Consulted with our Midwest local arts agency peers
- Collected info from local professional sports teams: Lions, Pistons
- Crunched numbers
- And got feedback from YOU
Though Bindle has been endorsed by national associations like the National Independent Venue Association and local communities like Indianapolis and is significantly more affordable than options like Clear Health Pass, we have decided not to officially endorse or regionally license the app. It also sounds like your analog screening systems are working well enough.
Please know the following though:
- 93% of arts audiences report being vaccinated
- 50% of arts audiences want proof of vaccination requirements for indoor arts experiences
- Overwhelming majorities say they trust your organization to implement health safety rules and that you are doing a good job keeping in touch with them
- If you visit New York City to eat and see theater and eat more—like Omari did last week—be prepared to show vaccination proof to get into ALL restaurants, bars, and arts venues.
(data from our Southeast Michigan every-other-month survey of arts audiences, last deployed October 14, 2021)
At CultureSource, we believe we are at our best when we work with our partners as connectors and instigators. Though we are not moving forward with a Bindle–SEMI arts partnership, we will continue to listen to the needs of our cultural institutions as they navigate through this pandemic, and identify accessible solutions. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with comment, questions, suggestions, or just to say “hi!” More soon!