WASHTENAW ARTIST GRANTS
Advancing Equity in Washtenaw County
For new and ongoing projects
With a focus on racial equity, the Washtenaw Artist Grant program supports artists in Washtenaw County working on either new or existing community-based projects. In partnership with the Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation (AAACF), this grant program seeks to activate the artistic and cultural identity of all people in Washtenaw County and support access to local arts and cultural experiences through its support of artist-led, participatory projects.
What type of projects are eligible?
- Projects that serve and collaborate with and/or are led by Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) communities.
- Projects that are led by artists who live and work in Washtenaw County.
- Projects that will take place in Washtenaw County.
- Projects that are publicly-shared and invite people in to experience the work, process, event, or activity.
- Existing projects or new projects that fit the above requirements.
What types of projects are ineligible?
- Projects that do not serve and collaborate with BIPOC communities.
- Projects that are not led by artists. Projects organized by existing incorporated entities (includes B Corps or any other corporation; 501(c)(3) organizations; 501(c)(4) organizations), universities or schools (private, public, charter), religious institutions, or municipalities.
- Projects that are not based in Washtenaw County.
- Projects that do not have a public component.
- Projects led by students currently enrolled in high school, college, and/or university programs.
- Projects seeking support retroactively or seeking reimbursement for a past project.
Need more information? Check out our frequently asked questions document below to get answers.
Applications open on Monday, August 7. Deadline to apply is Tuesday, September 12 at 5:00pm.
Artists may apply as individuals, as well as artists groups or collectives. A group of artists should submit only one application, including the names of all involved artists. The lead artist on the application will receive the funds for the proposed project.
This program is inspired by the Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation’s Arts and Culture Program and CultureSource’s Flourish Fund grant program. For more artist resources in Washtenaw County, please explore the work of and connect with our peers at Creative Washtenaw.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected]