Responsible for the accounting for gifts and the various aspects of the DSO’s operations that relate to gifts, including contributed revenue, pledges receivable, endowment investments, grant budgeting and reporting, cash balances and tracking, interfund transfers, and fundraising expenses, while assisting the Senior Director of Accounting and Finance with financial reporting needs and providing guidance, support and oversight to teammates within Finance and in other teams, including Advancement.
- Accurately code gifts for entry into the gift database.
- Reconcile and ensure accuracy of contributed revenue and pledges.
- Evaluate restricted gifts for release from restriction, and accurately record the release.
- Track restricted and unrestricted net assets, in multiple funds.
- Create and monitor grant and program budgets and actual spending. Analyze and report on variances.
- Record endowment investment activity, including allocation to individual donor funds.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements reporting the results of DSO operations, including comparisons to the annual operating budget and explanations of variances to budget.
- Prepare for annual audit including year-end reconciliation and journal entries, workpaper and financial statement preparation, and compilation of tax data.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Provide financial support, oversight and analysis to other departments.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget, periodic forecasts, long range plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance and at least three years of broad general accounting experience required. Prior not-for-profit experience and knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge software strongly preferred.