The Program Associate is responsible for research, grant reviews, grant monitoring and assessment activities, program development and educational programs, along with support for program staff. The position is considered a professional position and is charged with responsibilities that are intended to grow in content and complexity over time.
- Respond to general inquiries from nonprofit organizations and individuals regarding the Community Foundation’s grantmaking programs.
- Assist with grant review, preparing formal written reviews of grant applications.
- Review interim reports and final reports of grantees.
- Assist with review of scholarship proposals and processing of awards.
- Assist with departmental research activities.
- Represent the Foundation in meetings with organizations seeking grants, and grantees.
- Support the Program Officers in their work with volunteer advisory committees, including assisting with meeting preparation, participation in committee meetings, and writing meeting minutes or summaries.
- Support new grantmaking projects, including conceptualizing new programs, writing funding proposals, and building collaborative relationships with colleagues in the field, volunteers, and community members, including potential donors.
- Assist the Vice President and Program Officers in the coordination of work of outside advisory groups, and volunteers.
- Be knowledgeable of Foundation’s electronic grants management system (Fluxx); pull reports and analyze grantmaking activities as needed for communications activities.
- Assist in development of content for Foundation publications and web-based information.
- Develop position papers on areas of interest to the Foundation.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a social science
- 1-3 years’ professional experience at a non-profit organization or relevant experience
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, and database applications
- Proven ability to communicate in both writing and verbally
- Expert level editing, proofreading and attention to detail skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a collaborative approach and willingness to work as a team
- Ability to respond sensitively and patiently to internal and external inquiries in a timely manner and the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidences