Patron Services Associate
The Patron Services Associate for Michigan Opera Theatre is responsible for assisting patrons with all ticketing and purchase needs. He/she acts at all times as a steward of Michigan Opera Theatre. The Patron Services Associates serves patrons efficiently, accurately and politely at all points of contact, understands and implements donor retention strategies and ensures the highest level of patron satisfaction. This is a part-time position.
- Greets and serves all patrons in a positive, supportive, friendly and polite manner in accordance with MOT’s patron-centered culture of excellence.
- Working with Patron Services Manager, monitors sales to sales goals, works with the Patrom Management Team to develop strategices and monitors implementation of action plans to achieve sales revenue goals for subscription and single tickets.
- Contributes to the maintenance of a supportive and fulfilling work environment.
- Sells subscription and single tickets to all Opera and Dance events by phone and in person in the box office.
- Assists customers with internet ticket purchases.
- Performs data entry of phone/mail/telemarketing/complimentary ticket orders using Tessitura ticketing system.
- Manages patron complaints and concerns on behalf of MOT, assuring each patron a timely and thoughtful response.
- Work at theatres during theatre box office hours and show times, selling tickets, processing comp requests and assuring that patrons are comfortably in their seats prior to curtain time, including working the will call booth if necessary.
- Prints will call tickets prior to show time.
- Answers phones as required in the box office and, as needed, in the main office.
- Develops positive working relationships with staff from every department, assuring clear lines of communication and the continued effective knowledge base of current MOT events and activies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must posess exceptional interpersonal skills, both in person and by phone, with patrons, board, staff members, volunteers, performers, other MOT constituents and the general public.
- Previous ticketing and/or phone center experience required. Proven sales and customer service experience required.
- Demonstrated record of experience in cash handling, customer service and salesmanship is required.
- Possess the ability to work well in an extremely fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Ability to problem-solve and think quickly on one’s feet.
- High degree of flexibility in response to daily shifting priorities.
- Knowledge of the Michigan Opera Theatre’s season programs and offerings.
- Prior experience with a ticketing system is necessary; functional knowledge of Tessitura is a plus.
- Must be able to handle the physical demands commensurate with an active box office and concert schedule. Ability to spend up to three hours on your feet with no break and some occasional lifting of 25+ pounds.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule including regular weekdays as well as evenings and weekends is required for this position.
- High energy and passion for MOT’s mission is important for this role
Note: The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Position Reports to: Ticket Office Manager
Classification status: PART-TIME, non-exempt, hourly