Operations Internship - Summer 2020 Internship
Please submit an online application, including your resume and cover letter, at http://a2sf.org/jobs-and-internships.
• Candidates are asked not to request submission status. If your qualifications match current openings, you will be contacted directly
• Position will remain open until filled`
The Operations Intern will gain experience in all facets of live-event production, event management, and festival operations by assisting with extensive pre-event planning and the onsite management of special attractions and front of house operations. This position is the primary support for the Annex, a venue at Top of the Park that houses performances, educational experiences, civic conversations, and youth-featured programming.
- Advance nightly event details and contract execution through Docusign with festival artists, partners, and vendors prior to the season
- Create and maintain nightly event production schedules in Google Docs
- Update and maintain seasonal tracking documents, calendars, and training tools
- Support seasonal staff in the load in/out and daily operation of Top of the Park
- Serve as primary nightly support staff for the Annex, a venue at Top of the Park
- Assist with the onsite event management of special attractions, and Top of the Park volunteer and front of house programs.
- Promote and document festival activity through grassroots marketing Street Team
- Represent the festival while interacting with community organizations and the general public
- Complete a short post-season wrap report, summarizing activities and suggesting improvements
- Participate in career development activities
- Participate in rotational opportunities and staff shadowing
- Provide additional administrative support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a deadline based environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to work with a diverse community
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable assisting with crowd control and interacting with festival participants
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines, under minimal supervision
- Proficient in a Mac OS environment
- An interest in non-profits and experience with the arts and entertainment field