Manager of Special Events and Communications
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements as well as a 60-100 second video telling us why this opportunity feels like an ideal fit to you.
Electronic submissions are required at https://app.getacceptd.com/sphinxmusic (select the Job Listing under Start an Application). All applicants will be treated as confidential and references will not be contacted without the candidate’s knowledge and agreement.
Please submit all materials prior to January 9th, 2020.
Passionate about the future of classical music and its value in our communities? Skilled in communications, event coordination, and donor relations? Apply to become a candidate for the Manager of Special Events and Communications at a Detroit-based organization globally recognized for its track record in excellence and transformative impact!
The Sphinx Organization is a national organization dedicated to transforming lives through the power of diversity in the arts. This position reports to the Director of Patron Relations and is directly responsible for cultivation and management of small and midsized donors, signature donor events at world-renowned venues, and external communications.
Sphinx offers a uniquely rewarding environment based on the ROWE model (Results Only Work Environment). ROWE goes beyond telework by following a management strategy where employees are evaluated on performance, not physical office presence. In a ROWE, people focus on results, increasing the organization’s performance while cultivating the right environment for people to manage all the demands in their lives…including work. Sphinx’s core values are: passion, honesty, innovation, leadership, and adaptability.
Successful candidates will possess the following basic qualities/requirements:
– Bachelor’s Degree and ideally at least 2 years of experience in a related field (communications/fundraising)
– Passion and deep understanding of Sphinx’s mission and core values
– Exceptionally driven, organized, and detail oriented
– Excellent communications skillset, including social media management acumen
– Highly dynamic and adaptive
– Strong sense of accountability and professional ownership
– Commitment to creativity and innovation
– Superb writing and editing ability
– Effective computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and fluency with search engines (experience with graphic design programs is an added benefit)
Annual salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Sphinx Organization provides a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees, including contribution towards a retirement plan. In a ROWE environment, there are unlimited paid days off, provided the work gets done. Candidates should anticipate national and international travel as the position requires.