Electronic Music & Media Technical Assistant
November 21, 2019
East Lansing, MI
Part Time- 20 Hours A Week
- Composition program concert coordination and support
- Supervise and work with students when they are recording concerts when recording services are not used.
- Archiving concert recordings
- Repair and maintain equipment
- Maintain public computer lab space, composition technology labs and practice rooms/studio spaces that use the equipment for music composition
- Coordinate with composition faculty on needs for the department (i.e. technological needs)
- Research and keep up on new developments in gear within the field of electronic music and performance
- Coordinate with faculty on needs for classroom lab space, make sure that all faculty who use that space have what they need and that it is in good working order
- Coordinate with software companies on subscriptions and other matters
- Order and maintain gear
- BA/BM/BS in Music Technology or related field
- Interest and experience in Music technology and music composition from a variety of perspectives (Classical, Jazz, film music, popular genres)
- Familiarity and comfort with 8 channel and large scale speaker arrays, including ambisonics and wavefield synthesis.
- Experience in designing interfaces using microcontrollers, Arduino, and analog musical circuit design.