1. Support Executive Director in creating and managing development strategies for individual giving (annual giving and campaigns) to support InsideOut’s programs and operations 45%
a. Work in conjunction with Executive Director to outline a working Development Plan for InsideOut annually.
b. Coordinate fundraising appeals, including two annual mailings, and ensure donors receive timely communication, solicitation, follow-up, and reporting.
c. Work as directed to develop and implement new strategies to engage donors in InsideOut’s work.
d. Develop solicitation and marketing materials for donor campaigns, ensuring timely and consistent messaging and follow-up occurs.
e. Provide support of board solicitation process to Board Chair and Executive Director as directed.
2. Lead coordination and implementation of InsideOut’s development events 30%
a. Coordinate all aspects of creating materials for development events (invitations, email blasts, reports, etc.), delegating to Operations Coordinator as appropriate.
b. Coordinate sponsorships and event recognition, acting as main contact for sponsors.
c. With Operations Coordinator, facilitate logistics for development events (registration, catering, greeting, event flow, etc.).
d. Solicit in-kind donations for InsideOut’s annual fundraiser Share the Light and other development events, as directed.
e. Attend other programmatic and marketing events as appropriate to support staff.
f. Work with Executive Director, board, and staff to determine and execute follow-up communication with attendees.
3. Manage the donor tracking and acknowledgment process from start to finish 15%
a. Track donations in Donorsnap database in a systematic and timely way.
b. Oversee ongoing database maintenance of donor records.
c. Prepare and send donor tax acknowledgements.
d. Prepare reports from donor database, as directed.
e. Reconcile donations with bookkeeper on a monthly basis.
f. Coordinate all other donor communications and mailings, including thank you letters, as directed.
g. Develop ways to engage, thank, and recognize donors (Examples: hand-written notes, website acknowledgments, volunteer opportunities, thank you calls).
4. Support Executive Director and program staff in identifying potential funding opportunities for InsideOut events and programs 10%
a. Work as directed with Executive Director to strengthen the overall corporate donor relations program identifying new prospects, as directed.
b. Track funder prospects, solicitations, gifts, and recognition.
c. Provide exceptional stewardship to corporate partners and sponsors, meeting their benefit delivery expectations.
d. Prepare sponsorship solicitation materials.
e. With direction from Executive Director, build and oversee portfolio of funders, from cultivation to solicitation.
f. Attend fundraising calls and/or events as directed.
5. Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years fundraising experience
- Ability and desire to manage all fundraising tasks, from administrative to strategic
- Solid understanding of donor-centered fundraising and Code of Ethics
- Persistence and strong follow through skills when working with all stakeholders
- Ability to manage various timelines and multitask effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility and positivity when working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including mail merge) and Google Suite
- Knowledge of Southeast Michigan fundraising landscape
- Experience closing a gift
- Experience as primary contact for major donors or corporate partners