Communications and Marketing Manager
The Ann Arbor Film Festival (AAFF) is seeking an experienced individual to join our team as the Communications and Marketing Manager. In this role you will be responsible for communications to the public with a primary focus on the festival’s marketing, and will provide support for development activities as assigned.
As an employee of our small nonprofit arts organization, you will have the opportunity to wear many hats while being encouraged and supported to take initiative and try new things. You will work closely with the team to present the public face of the festival as well as find ways to help the festival work smarter and more efficiently.
The successful candidate is extremely organized with strong attention to detail, and is a resourceful self-starter. Must be good at multitasking and able to juggle multiple priorities at once. The position has a customer service orientation which requires a cheerful demeanor and an ability to be graceful under pressure. Dexterity with multiple database including Neon CRM and FileMaker Pro and online cloud-based platforms as well as a high comfort level learning new tech platforms is a must.
Key Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Marketing Responsibilities – Manage weekly blog and social media, periodic press releases, and monthly eNewsletters for regional and global constituents; write and edit copy and select photos as needed for event collateral, print advertising, website, and annual program guide; oversee volunteer photography and videography for the festival; organize and manage photo and video assets
• Communications – Draft communications for the festival using key messages to a variety of constituents for purposes of development, marketing, and membership cultivation; manage sponsor communications, including the appeals packet, sponsor kit, and post-fest thank-you; support the writing of festival grant applications in collaboration with the festival director; write and send acknowledgment and appeal letters; support year-end, Giving Tuesday, and other appeal campaigns
• Volunteer management – oversee three or more student interns in community outreach, public relations, and marketing; prepare monthly reports for the board; coordinate regular meetings of the marketing, sponsorship, and membership volunteer committees
Key Job Requirements include:
• Proven working experience as communications and/or marketing manager or similar role
• Adequate knowledge of communications and marketing best practices
• Experience having primary responsibility for writing and editing to represent an organization
• Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interface with management, staff, volunteers and AAFF Board.
• Leadership and organizational skills
• Self reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader
• Experience with MailChimp, Google Suite, Wix.com, FileMaker Pro, Neon CRM a plus
• Grant-writing experience a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 3 to 5 years relevant work experience.