Admin Specialist and Registrar
The Community Music School of Ann Arbor is looking for a Admin Specialist and Registrar to coordinate admin and finance related processes and procedures of the organization in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and finance related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible, meticulous and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a grassroots-like organization.
Part-time: 15-20 hours per week
- Registration: Create and update customer accounts with registrations and conduct related communications; enters, edits, and retrieves data; updates website and registration forms with current program information.
- Assist bookkeeper with maintaining finance records.
- Oversee accounts receivable and accounts payable, including disbursement of checks for agency expenses and making deposits.
- Manage payroll, in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Assist with hiring process including setting up interviews, processing new employee paperwork and updating CRM, website and payroll with new employee data.
- Pull reports from Quickbooks as needed.
- Development Support: Maintain donor files; processes thank you notes; assist in all aspects of yearly campaign mailings including list development, merging, printing, stuffing, labeling, delivering to post office; track donor follow-up.
- Operational: Basic data entry and word-processing; retrieving mail; updating/ troubleshooting of all administrative platforms; general organization and implementation of office procedures as needed.
- Have 2-3 years administrative, finance or related experience.
- Must be able to provide examples of past experience with systems and procedures.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized and have proven problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Be flexible and willing to take on new and different requests.
- Have working knowledge of basic office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience working with registration software, website editing and Quickbooks a plus.
Compensation: $12-15; Commensurate with experience.